Thursday 6 September 2012

Sze's Dance Updates Sep-Dec 2012

Dear friends,

Thanks to everyone who came to support the shows and sent well wishes in March-July!

I'm performing my first theatre piece (since Junior College) in two weeks at the Substation, then I'm back on the road from October onwards.

Pretty Things
21-22 Sep 2012 (Fri-Sat)
The Substation Theatre, tickets $15
Another crazy romp! About conformity, questions, love, divinity. Written and directed by Pat Toh. With Bright Ong, Ian Tan, Jean Toh and Yazid Jalil.  Lighting by Andy Lim and sound by Zulkiflie Mahmod.  Not recommended for the faint-hearted!
http://www.substation.org/pretty-things/

Kuala Lumpur Contact Improv Festival
1-7 Oct 2012
Rimbun Dahan, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I'm a happy part of the organising team for the only international contact improv festival in Asia this year. It's a residential workshop featuring some greatly respected contact improv practitioners from Singapore, Taiwan and Australia - and also an amazing retreat for active mind-body connectedness at all levels of experience, for dancers as well as non-dancers.  We'll also have a performance and sharing open to public on the final day of the festival on 7 Oct at the Rimbun Dahan artists' sanctuary on the outskirts of the city.
http://www.contactimprovkl.com/festival/

Fang Mae Khong International Dance Festival, Laos23-28 Oct 2012
Vietiane and Luang Prabang, Laos
Because I couldn't just stop at one - I'm returning to the Fang Mae Khong festival in Laos after the amazing experience I had last year, this time as part of the organising committee.  I'll also be performing "Focus" the new trio by Ole Khamchanla/KHAM Cie in Vientiane.
http://www.fmkfestival.org/

Focus by KHAM Cie

Nov-Dec 2012, France
Following our Singapore premiere, Focus is continuing for a second French tour at the Reconnaissances competition in Annemasse in November, and residencies in Grenoble and Marseille to develop the piece into a full length work for performance in Paris and other parts of France in 2013. I don't have details on hand at the moment for public performances or workshops, but do let me know if you're interested in more info on the French leg (or in catching up while I'm in France) and I will keep you informed!
http://www.kham.fr/index.php/en/trio-spectacle-2

hugs,

Sze

No comments: