Wednesday 7 January 2009

For the love of pain and nutrition

School's back in season! While we're giggling at each other as we limp back into the studio after a brutal jumpstart to the season (crazy placement audition and daily repertory), I have to keep reminding myself that there's nothing else I'd rather be doing, even if my creaky old body doesn't quite agree.

While arming myself with bandages, tape, pain spray, deep heat rub, cold packs and hot packs, my new year resolution is to ingest as many of these as I can hold down:
  • water
  • bananas (for potassium to relieve muscle aches)
  • salmon (protein, calcium and anti-inflammatory omega 3)
  • papayas and oranges (Vitamin C anti oxidants to help healing of muscle tears and formation of collagen for my squeaky knees)
  • spinach & carrots (beta carotene makes vitamin A for tissue repair)
  • nuts and whole grains (vitamin E anti-oxidant and protein, slow release complex carbs)
  • glucosamine tabs (anti-inflammatory)
Handy nutrition information posted here courtesy of my lecturers and "Reboot Your Body", Dance Magazine Jan 2008.

2 comments:

Readymade said...

All the best for 2009. Go Sze! /pom-poms

sze said...

thanks so much! gambarimasu yo!